NEBRASKA STATE ROAD RACE CHAMPIONSHIP
powered by Sid Dillon Chevrolet
Saturday, June 23, 2012 •12:15 p.m. to 4:00p.m.
Start: Staging and neutral rollout will be at Platte River State Park, Louisville, Nebraska. Racing starts just south of Highway 66 on 334th street. The finish line is 1/4 mile south of the intersection of Highway 66 and 310th street. (it is a hilltop finish)
Parking: Platte River State Park, Louisville, Nebraska (park permit is required). Turn right just after permit station and go to the Fox Hollow area east of the ranger HQ.
Sponsored by: Sid Dillon Chevrolet, Fremont, NE
Category Start Time Laps *Miles PrizesField LimitEntry Fee Men Pro, 1 & 2 12:15 pm 7 70 $1,200 75$35 Men 3 12:15 pm 7 70 $550 75$30 Men 4 12:20pm 6 60 $360 75$30 Women 1, 2, 3 12:20pm 6 60 $360 50$30 Men 40+ 12:25pm 5 50 $100 50$30 Men 50+ 12:25pm 5 50 $100** 50$30 Men 60+ 12:25pm 5 50 $100** 50$30 Men 5, Women 4 12:30pm 4 40Medals 50$25
*Lap count includes the first partial lap from the start line line to the finish line (7 miles). All other laps are 10 miles each.
**Prizes for Masters 50+ and 60+ are bonus money; they are also eligible for 40+ prizes.
- Junior riders will compete within their race category.
Prize List $2,950
Category Finish Place Prize ($) Men 5, Women 4Medals Women 1, 2, 3 150, 100, 70, 40 Men 4 100, 85, 60, 50, 35, 30 Men 3 175, 125, 100, 75, 50, 25 Men Pro, 1 & 2 350, 275, 225,175, 100, 75 (correction from previous versions)
Prizes may be limited to the top half of the field.
1. ONLINE: http://www.usacycling.org and register online. It is fast, secure and the preferred method of registration by the race organization. Online registration closes at 6:00pm, Friday June 22, 2012
2. MAIL: Registration may be mailed to Craig Tuttle, 14922 Hanover Street, Bennington, NE 68007. Mail registrations must be received no later than 5:00pm on June 22, 2012.
3. NO DAY OF REGISTRATION: In order to avoid start list and officiating confusion, the organizers have decided to discontinue day-of registration.
- Entry fee includes USAC $3.00 surcharge. An estimated online registration fee of $2.70 will also be applied.
- Riders must have USAC annual license OR purchase 1-day license.
- 1-day licenses will be available for purchase on-line for $10.00.
GENERAL RACE RULES & INFORMATION FOR THE SID DILLON CHEVROLET STATE ROAD RACE CHAMPIONSHIP
- All 2012 USAC rules are in effect.
- Events will be held rain or shine.
- Place race numbers on the appropriate side of jersey as directed at check-in.
- Helmets must be worn at all times while on the bike.
- All riders must present a current Nebraska driver’s license or equivalent to be eligible for Nebraska State Championship awards.
- Race organizers reserve the right to cancel/combine events or pay out to only the top half of a field in the event of low rider turnout.
- Neutral wheel support will be “wheels in/wheels out.” Please make sure to identify your wheels properly. Promoter is not responsible for lost or stolen wheels.
- Yellow line rule will be vigorously applied. The RR course will open to two full lanes in the kilometer leading up to the finish line.
Racers will line up at Platte River State Park south of Louisville, Nebraska, with a neutral rollout until the start line on 334th Street, just south of Hwy 66. Racers will ride south on 334th street for 6 miles, then turn right (west) onto Church road. After 2 miles riders will turn north onto 310st St for 6 miles (past the finish line), then right again onto Highway 66 heading down into the small town of South Bend. After a long climb out of the valley racers will turn right (south) again onto 334th street. On the final lap racers will finish on 310th street 1/4 mile south of Highway 66. It is a hilltop finish, on the highest point of the course. (The first lap is 7 miles from the start line to the finish line and the rest of the laps are 10 miles each. ) There are two stop signs that will be covered by Sheriff deputies at the NW and SE corners of the course. Chip timing will be used.
Prizes and awards will be distributed in the parking lot at Platte River State Park.
There will be one official feed zone just north of the finish line, on 310th street just south of Highway 66. Neutral hand ups will consist of water only. Personal or team hand ups are also permitted in the official feed zone. Hand ups outside the official feed zone are not permitted.
- From Omaha: take I-80 west, take exit 440 south onto Highway 50. Travel south (through Louisville) 13.3 miles, turn right at Highway 66/East Park Road. Travel west 2.2 miles to the entrance to Platte River State Park.
- From Lincoln: Take I-80 east, take exit 426 onto Highway 66. Travel east through South Bend 6.6 miles, turn left (north) at the entrance to Platte River State Park.
FACILITIES AND PARKING:
Parking will be available at the Platte River State Park. The registration sign-in tent and portable toilets will be in the parking lot.
FOOD AND GAS: There are no services in South Bend. The nearest towns are Ashland to the west and Louisville to the east, with gas stations and restaurants. Also, at the NW corner of the course are Round the Bend Steakhouse (opens at 11) and Quarry Oaks Golf Club which has a restaurant that is open to the public for lunch and dinner. The lodge restaurant at Platte River State Park has a breakfast buffet from 8-10:30 and serves lunch from 11-2.
Craig Tuttle, Race Director
(402) 598-6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org
14922 Hanover Street
Bennington, NE 68007